Thursday, December 15, 2011

if you call this soon…

In my last post, I said I would be back “soon” to post about Thanksgiving, Daniel’s birthday, etc. – here I am a few weeks later… forgive me, the Christmas season always keeps me busy!

Thanksgiving was very relaxing. I started the day (as usual) by watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. We then headed to Whynot for lunch with Daddy’s family. We spent most of the day visiting, eating, and laughing. It was so nice to catch up. We even got some great pictures of the whole family and celebrated Daniel’s 30th birthday and Crystal’s 36th birthday with cupcakes.
My goal was to surprise Daniel for his birthday but with everyone being so busy, we ended up having chili and cake at Amanda’s. Per Daniel’s request, we had a YUMMY red velvet cake. He loved his new Yeti cooler and I am still trying to decide what is so great about it! I hope that Daniel’s 30th year is the best yet!

Momma, Sara, and I braved the “day after” crowds for a little shopping. We had nothing that we were dying to get but were certain we would find some good buys along the way. I bought hostess gifts  for my holiday shower and another cart for my classroom (I bought my first one last year). Momma and I spent the rest of the day decorating and moving furniture (with Daniel’s help). Daddy told Daniel “son, don’t you know that you HAVE to be busy the day after Thanksgiving?!?!” Daniel assured us he would have something to do next year!
Saturday after Thanksgiving was a great day to be an Alabama fan with the Tide bringing home a big win over Auburn.

Since Thanksgiving, I have been rather busy with Christmas decorating, shopping, crafting, and partying. Daniel and I had our annual Dirty Santa party at his house. There were cold drinks, good friends, and a great fire - I am not sure how much better a party can get.

This week at school, I have been racking up on Christmas loot from my kiddos - since I teach at a Private School, I can still receive gifts that are worth "monetary" value!! Our class party is in the morning and I will say that I am super ready - we have crafted, played, read books, and watched movies all week and I am ready for a break.

My holiday shower at Nena Beth's house is tonight and I am also SUPER excited about it. I am so lucky to have so many people who are willing to give Daniel and I showers/parties. This will kick off the festivities and we are officially less than six months away - when did that happen?!?!? This weekend is also the annual Country Club Christmas Party... Hopefully I will be back soon with Thanksgiving and Christmas party pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment