Sunday, April 1, 2012

counting down days…

As hard as I try to live my life in the here and now, I find it so hard not to be anxious about all the great things in the coming days! As a teacher, I am counting down school days, as a bride, I am counting down the days until I am a wife, and as a friend, I am counting down the days until Luke Linder makes his arrival into the world!

On the home front, things have been uncertain and BUSY! I am sure the Lord laughs every time I make a plan because they never seem to work out! Currently Daniel is back at the railroad (under different management) however, we are hopeful that a job will open up close to home in the near future – preferably in the next 68 days!

On the school/work front, I survived my first set of standardized tests! We worked really hard and then were rewarded with a week off! It was fantastic to have a week off – Spring Break is kind of like a major perk of being a teacher!

Spring Break started last Saturday with a wonderful Miscellaneous Luncheon at the home of Mrs. Jackie Allen.

DSC_1297DSC_1298DSC_1306DSC_1311DSC_1313

That night was spent eating my yummy mud bugs at Sage and Amanda’s.

Rhett and Crawfish

On Monday, Momma, Sara, and I traveled North to Chattanooga – you say WHY? we say WHY NOT? We began our trip with a visit to the Aquarium and Imax.

aquariumimaxstingray

It was fascinating and I always come out wondering why I didn’t major in something where I could feed animals for a living (maybe because of the SB thing?!?!) – We enjoyed dinner that night at Big River Brewery and Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream for dessert. Tuesday was busy, busy with Incline Railway, Ruby Falls, and Rock City.

incline railwayrock cityruby fallssee rock cityseen rock city

We enjoyed dinner that night at our hotel – The Chattanooga Choo Choo.

choo choo

It was an experience to stay in a REAL rail car and I would strongly suggest a trip to Chattanooga to anyone with small kids – a safe city with lots to do! After a riverboat ride Wednesday morning, we made the trip home (complete with a pit stop at Hobby Lobby)!

The rest of my SB was spent planning our wedding. Momma and I made what was hopefully our last trip to Jasper to pick up bridesmaids dresses and my veil from Diane’s Formal Affair. I was so happy to have that out of the way even though it took a whole day!

Saturday completed SB with a river trip with Mo, Sara, Daniel, and Pearl! We ventured into some creeks where we saw river creatures sunning! While they are great to see on the bank, we wonder how many were in the water with us!

gator 1gator 2

Pearl LOVED the sandbar and acted so funny. She is going to make a good river dog this summer!

Mo, Sara, and Pearlpearl 1

After a shower and a nap, Daniel and I headed to our first couples shower. It was held at the beautiful Utsey Lake House by some wonderful friends. The food was great and we got some great things! We are so lucky to have family and friends who have made this entire wedding planning process so much fun!

DSC_1320DSC_1321DSC_1331DSC_1334DSC_1335DSC_1340DSC_1347DSC_1394DSC_1395DSC_1396DSC_1401

Next on the agenda: back to school, thank you notes, Easter party, Good Friday, fishing, river, Easter, more showers, and lots of little wedding details that are sure to keep me on my toes for the next 68 days!

And in case you need a laugh to get you through the week… YES. WE. DID!

antique 1antique 2

No comments:

Post a Comment