Monday, January 24, 2011

Crafty Weekend

So, remember that I told you I have a slight major obsession with craft blogs... well, that has led to the craft fever at my house. I watched a video from this blog about freezer paper stenciling. Little did I know that in the same week, Sara caught the fever and watched the same video. She had already made her nephew Mack (who will not make his arrival until March yet already has a full wardrobe) some really cute onesies. She painted some using the freezer paper and fabric paint and then she appliqued some using fabric. Nonetheless, they turned out super cute. On Friday, we drug out all of our arts and crafts and began making some things. I made my sweet nephew Rhett a shirt with his initials in the cutest stripe fabric and I made my cousin Madison a onesie using fabric paint and stencils. As soon as I get those pictures loaded, they will be up.

Fabric Paint Onesie for Madison


Applique T-Shirt for Rhett

Nan who has a crafty sister in Huntsville showed me some really cute letters for wreaths or to put on doors by themselves. They are super cute and really easy. You blow your letters up to the correct size, trace it on plywood, find someone nice enough to cut it out for you, place scrapbook paper around to cover the entire surface, and then, using spray adhesive, attach the paper to your board. Once the paper dries, flip the board over and use an exacto knife to trim around the edges. Almost forgot the final step :/ Apply a layer of Mod Podge over the top of each letter. Nan and I figured it up last night that after purchasing the plywood, paper, and adhesive, we had about $5 in each of these letters. They are so cute and would make wonderful gifts. We are working on some more for next week. AND- if you are lucky like me Daniel, you have an initial that you can do both sides of and it will still look like the letter. If this is not the case, you should probably paint your letter beforehand so the back looks "done."

Easter "V" for Daniel's house


St. Patrick's "V" for Daniel's house

Spring Time "V" for Daniel's house



Fleur de Lis "R" for the Reynolds house

Valentine's "V" for Daniel's house


No comments:

Post a Comment