Wednesday, March 23, 2011

oh happy days...

this is a completely random post.... but these are a few things that have made me smile over the past few days...


  • Granny's 85th birthday party at the Nursing Home... she so enjoyed having everyone there even though she wasn't sure who everyone was... :) one of the funniest parts of the day was after we had given everyone a piece of cake, sang happy birthday, and eaten, the people were leaving and heading back to their rooms... this man was standing over the cake where he proceeded to take his finger and lick all the icing that was on the edges... and he ate another piece of cake... and then, when the party was over, we couldn't take the cake home that he had licked all over... so my cousin Brent gave him the rest of the cake... and some more fruit punch... and then, we found out he was a diabetic... whoops! Momma told the nurses what all he had eaten and they watched him the rest of the afternoon :)


  • Rhett - super funny these days... on Friday, I picked him up when I came in from school and we went straight to the golf course... we rode and watched Mo play a few holes and then Uncle Daniel got there... I have never seen a child who loves to play outside like he does :) we played outside until bout dark and then ate supper with them... he made me laugh all night long... and then on Saturday, he spent the night because Sage and Amanda had a wedding to attend. Daniel and I also had a party to attend so we took Rhett with us... let me start by saying that we are many, many years away from having kids - especially after having him Saturday night... I did not realize how much you had to pack for a two hour outing :) and he learned two new tricks while with us... he can now tell you what the sheep says... and he can find his nose :) genius...


  • Cotton - this was not funny when it happened but it is now so I will tell the story... Cotton and I have been cheating a little since it has been cooler in the mornigns and riding to the Country Club - walking on teh elliptical and then walking on the course... last Friday, it was beautiful so we walked to the Country Club - on the way home, Cotton saw a squirrel and went to chase it... and proceeded to tangle his leash around my legs and... you guessed it, trip me :) on all fours in the middle of the road... two skinned knees and a whipped dog later, it became funny... I should also tell you that I have had skinned knees for the past four years... :)


  • the fact that I have a mere 46 days until graduation :) which means there are only 39 days until the beach...

  • the Spring weather... although my legs are entirely too white to wear shorts, I have worn them three times already this week!

  • Our upcoming trip to charleston... My dad's nephew Craig is getting married this Saturday and momma, daddy, and I are heading East for the big day... Mom and I went on a girls trip with her family a few years ago to Charleston and I immediately fell in love with the city - it is historical, hip, beachy, and the perfect getaway... I can't wait to visit the Market and see what it new :)

I really wanted to include some pictures... but it is the week before spring break, my kiddos are wild, I am out of control, and I am super busy - trying to finish projects and pack for Charleston... maybe there will be a post with no words and pictures coming soon :)

If you are wondering why the text is pink... it's because it is finally SPRING :)

No comments:

Post a Comment