Monday, March 7, 2011

what's been going on -

to answer that in a few words... a lot :) these are a few things that have kept me busy!

school... it's midterm time, my online class has ended, Spring Break is quickly approaching which = deadlines, and I am just plain worn out!

work... field trip last week, lesson plans to be done for next week, newsletters, new students who are adjusting, book fair week, we have been getting to play outside and now it is too cold :( , meetings... and so on!

Daniel... :) headed to his house this weekend to use my Valentine's present (massage, manicure, and pedicure from Gilda's) - and I am really excited about that although I have a lot of things I could do if I stayed home...

family... momma hurt her back at work last week so I have been trying to help out more around the house - like washing clothes and dishes - which makes for a busy morning before school (since I am not home at night) - and attempting to keep my room in order with the changing seasons...

working out- let me just say that pet accountability partners are way better than people ones... Cotton makes me feel so guilty if I miss my morning exercise. That is great - because I have been going every morning for about three weeks now. And I got on the scales Saturday and I have dropped ten pounds since January :) which makes it seem worthwhile! However, my best friend Kaley lost ten pounds last WEEK doing the Sacred Heart diet- but it is totally gross... and not for me!

life in general - been spending a lot of time with Rhett who is now nineteen months old and a "stick of hell" as Daniel and Sage say. He is definitely a wild child but he is growing so much and I am loving all of the time we are getting to spend with them. Sage and Amanda asked this weekend if I would go to the beach with them to help with Rhett and I am pumped :) That makes three beach trips for the summer!

I have also been trying to keep up Cole's weekly visit which seems to get harder the older he gets. We are about to start baseball season which means practices and games. I can't believe he is TEN! where has the time gone? Also, he has been playing his guitar a lot more and he is getting so good. I will have to get his permission but I will try to post a video...

Also, there has been a lot of sadness around lately- one of my roommates from college (who just married a guy I grew up with) has a sister who is doing mission work in South Africa... I am not sure of the specifics but this past weekend, Sarah had some kind of horseback riding accident and was hurt pretty badly. I am sure this is a scary time for her family being that she is on another continent... please keep her and her family in your prayers. They are very strong and Sarah has a lot of people praying for her but a few more would not hurt.

On top of that sadness for the weekend, a family friend of ours had a baby on February 15 - before he was born, they knew he would have heart problems... after three weeks and three times on life support, they made the decision to take him off last night. He went to heaven shortly after - please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers. They have been through so much over the past few years.

And lastly, Daniel and I made a visit to Granny yesterday. I can't write much about this because it is sad and I don't really care to keep the sad memories documented... I will say that Alzheimer's is a scary disease that has taken over my Granny. She is still just as loving and caring but it's just not the same... she did tear up the chocolate chip pound cake that mom sent her so it is good to know she has not lost her appetite. Granny will be 85 on the 19th of this month - such a long life full of joy, laughter, and love!

Sorry for the sad post but I have had a lot on my mind here lately... next time = happy field trip post and pictures!!

I know there is a reason for the sadness. In my own life, it has made me realize how fortunate I am to have all that I do.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you have had so much going on. You know I am here if you ever just need to talk. I am glad that I have been able to become friends and teach with you this year.:)

    ReplyDelete