Wednesday, April 20, 2011

have a six flags day...

whatever that means, we were told it about one hundred times on Saturday when we visited the park in Atlanta. Daniel's cousin Josh and his wife Christy have been dying to go to Six Flags for a long time - Daniel loves thrill rides and I had never been so we decided to make a weekend of it. I was a little nervous out of the gate. The only roller coaster I had ever ridden was the one at Waterville in Gulf Shores. Needless to say, it is a kiddie ride compared to the big boys at Six Flags. The first ride we did was called the "Georgia Scorcher" and it looks a little something like this...
and you are standing up... it was terrifying. Before the ride ended, I was screaming and crying. I vowed to never again ride a roller coaster... that is until I had waited in line for an hour and a half to ride this ride...

the Goliath

Please note the height on that thing... a little scary - like 200 feet. When I finished it, I thought for sure I had ridden my last roller coaster...until I waited in line for an hour to ride this one...

 haha - you thought I rode it didn't you - no. I chickened out on this one. I walked straight through the ride and had to stand where they make the kids who are too short go. A little embarrasing but I wasn't too wild about the idea of hanging from the tracks... UNTIL we stood in line for an hour and a half to ride this one...


All these images are from Google and I this is the only one where you could see how you were riding...


It's a little blurry but do you get the point that you start out hanging from the tracks and then they flip you so you are laying on the tracks? Pretty much flying like Superman. Fun does not even begin to describe this ride. It was a blast and the only one that I held my hands up on. I mean I had to fly a little :)  And the last line I stood in for the day was the line for this one... The Great American Scream Machine.

After all that we had ridden, I knew this rather flat - no loopty loop coaster was going to be the easiest yet. WRONG - it was an old wooden roller coaster that was bumpy and fast. Never again. While Christy and I rode this one, the boys rode the NInja - which Christy and I both know hurts you because it is an old roller coaster with loopty loops yet the boys assured us that it was "like riding on a cloud"... Christy and I also chose to sit out while the boys rode this one...


No, thanks - we took this time to get a cold drink, a souvenir, and people watch - we came to the conclusion that we were the only four normal people in Six Flags on that day.

The boys were also disappointed that Six Flags' newest ride, the Daredevil, was not open... it looks like this -

Let me make it really clear that if I NEVER get to ride this one, I will not lose any sleep!

We enjoyed a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday's - which I did not know was so nice - and then we headed to the hotel for some rest - mainly for our feet! We drove home Sunday making a pit stop in Leeds at the Bass Pro Shop Place and the new outlets - Banana Republic was having a GREAT sale and I got lots of new clothes for my big girl job next year where I cannot wear blue jeans everyday :(

On a completely different note, I am blinded by the light at the end of teh tunnel. Graduation is so close. At this moment, I have one class and three finals left. Next post... more than likely a sad one about how bad I am going to miss going to school and teaching with Kaley next year :(

1 comment:

  1. SO FUN! I'm in agreence on the next post only mine will be about you :( Bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete