Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

A few years ago our neighborhood began a get together during Halloween. The get together is one that is open to all of the  "country  club" kids - whether they live in the neighborhood or not. Since I am the only one who likes to plan  (and has no kids - therefore  has the time to plan),  I began planning a little late. I sent flyers and a facebook message. Not expecting  many kids, I arrived at the country club - and much to my surprise- lots of kids :) about 25 (some are not pictured)
 
The trick-or-treating on golfcarts was led (as always) by the Moore's (David, Madge, Mary London, and Ellen). David drives but I am pretty sure Madge is the one who makes sure we stay on track, do not miss a house, and do not stay too long at one house. The neighbors are great to give candy (good candy) to all of these kids. After the trick-or-treating was  complete, we enjoyed hot dogs and cupcakes at the Country Club. Let's just say that Ridge  Russell enjoyed the cupcakes more than most :)


  
I mean, they were good :) After the hot dogs, cupcakes, and  clean-up, Daddy was sweet enough to take all of the kids on a hay ride. Let me mention here that the "hay" was actually pine straw. The ride was complete with the kids howling - but no scares, maybe next year.



 I can't finish this post without two pictures... one of my sweet  nephew Rhett - I mean what girl doesn't love a cowboy?

And last but not least, Cotton  - in his Halloween "jammies" - enjoyed the hay ride, too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment