Thursday, February 3, 2011

And the Winner is....


Once a pageant girl, always a pageant girl.... At least that seems to be the case for me. As you all well know I LOVE pageants, love them. This is my first year on the Miss UWA committee which means I finally get to do what I love (and what my nerves can handle) and thats the backstage stuff. We had a week and half of late night practices and tonight we crowned Miss UWA 2011.




I say we because due to another "winter storm" in Alabama our emcee for the night Ashley Davis Miss AL 2010 wasn't able to make it. So as you can see from the above picture I took over. At 4:00 this afternoon Jason calls to tell me the news. Of course without any hesitation I said yes. It was a BLAST!

Maegen Moore crowning our new Miss UWA 2011 Claire Findley
As always, my fan club came! Just like the good ole days. And I'm not going to lie it made me miss it. Hey, maybe I'll start back up..... But probably not, I kind of have something else up my sleeve :)


Danielle/Sister/Stylist: who dressed me in 5min flat

Courtney/Personal Assistant

Brittany/ Soon to be pageant girl.... maybe? We hope so!

My number 1 fan! Seriously, he thinks I hung the moon... Why beg to differ?

The icing on the cake tonight was being able to announce the winner. That has been my dream since forever. Yes I even did the cheesy hold out before announcing it. It went a little something like this..... "And your Miss University of West Alabama 2011 is...... I don't know if you guys know this or not but this is something I've always wanted to do. Like all jokes aside, mark it down, chalk it up, put it in the record books and scratch it off the bucket list. (insert fake laugh from the audience)... And the winner is, contestant number 4 Claire Findley!"

Excited to see Claire fulfill her duties throughout her reign she's an outstanding young woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment