Thursday, February 24, 2011

our own little Chance

Remember this movie?

Well, I do - because Granny was such a dog/cat lover, we were all lovers of this movie and watched it (on VHS) on a regular basis... this morning, while Cotton and I were out for our morning walk, I realized that he reminds me of one of the dogs from this movie... not the wise Shadow, but Chance - the one with his tail stuck in the air like he could attack a squirrel at any given moment... that's Cotton :) The point this morning when it hit me was when Cotton was chasing the birds (knowing that he could NEVER catch them) - I remembered a scene (it has been like ten years since I have watched this movie), but Chance chases some animal (maybe a porcupine... seems like I remember some bristles in his fur) with as much passion as Cotton chased those birds with all morning.

Our family talks about it all the time but we don't know what we would do without him. He is hilarious- from the jumps to go outside to Daddy feeding him a "Cotton Dog" every morning and night, he just provides entertainment for all. Maybe one day he will be wise like Shadow but in all reality, he is probably going to stay just like Chance- forever a kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment